“Conversations with Nicholas Kralev” is a weekly program on diplomacy and global affairs. It looks behind the scenes at the people and institutions that practice diplomacy and examines how effective they are — and how their work affects ordinary people’s lives. Guests include senior U.S. and foreign government officials, diplomats, foreign policy experts, journalists, business leaders and artists.
Our show relies on sponsorship and contributions to remain free for viewers. If you like what you see, please consider making a pledge, so we can produce more episodes.
The U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Stephen Beecroft, talks about his challenges there amid continuing violence and political dysfunction, contracts for American oil companies and other firms, and running the largest embassy in the world.
Alec Ross, former senior adviser for innovation at the State Department, talks about using technology to achieve diplomatic objectives, empowering citizens around the world and countering Internet censorship.
MORE FROM SEASON 2
Foreign Aid with USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah
Fmr. Undersecretary of State Thomas Pickering, Part 1
Figure-Skating Champion Michelle Kwan
Voice of America (VOA) Director David Ensor
Innovation in Managing Diplomatic Missions
Chief U.S. Aviation Negotiator Krishna Urs
Foreign Service Institute Director Nancy McEldowney
Canadian Ambassador to the United States Gary Doer
Advances for Gay American Diplomats (Jan Krc)
Fmr. Undersecretary of State Thomas Pickering, Part 2
U.S. Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns
Foreign Service Director Linda Thomas-Greenfield
U.S. Global Sanctions Coordinator Daniel Fried
West Point Superintendent Lt. Gen. Robert Caslen
Harvard Professor Joseph Nye
- Nicholas Kralev is an author and expert on diplomacy, world affairs and global travel. He hosts the weekly TV program "Conversations with Nicholas Kralev." A former Financial Times and Washington Times correspondent, he has traveled around the world with four U.S. secretaries of state — Hillary Clinton, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell and Madeleine Albright. He has flown over 2 million miles and visited more than 90 countries.
Subscribe to updates
Upcoming speaking engagements
APR 22, 2014 — BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
APR 24, 2014 — RIGA, LATVIA
APR 28, 2014 — PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
MAY 5, 2014 — CHISINAU, MOLDOVA
MAY 8, 2014 — SARAJEVO, BOSNIA
- Running the world’s largest embassy
- When diplomacy befriends technology
- German envoy seeks to ‘rebuild trust’ after U.S. spying revelations
- Does foreign aid help U.S. security?
- The best of my show’s first season
- How money in domestic politics affects U.S. diplomacy
- Once expelled, gay diplomat thrives in Foreign Service
- U.S. expects Syrian stockpile destroyed ahead of schedule
- Politics’ role in U.S.-Canada diplomacy
- From the peanut fields of Alabama to the Foreign Service